Thursday, January 19, 2006

It All Begins With A Salted Drink

So my string of stupidity has slowed to, well, right now, none. Not that I've been doing extremely intelligent things, mostly just normal stuff. I'm getting back into the swing of school. Although I've found out that the school I'm swinging with does not love me. Or at least as much as they love Dominick. This much is true. They would rather talk about him than me. Oh well, that's okay.

It was sad, though. As I have expressed before, I'm going some weird kind of, not really an identity crisis, but an I-don't-have-a-home-and-that-makes-me-sad crisis. It's weird. I guess I've just realized that I can't live with my mom forever (nor do I want to) and I can't stay at Christendom forever (nor do I want to), so where to? What for? And how so? It doesn't help that my best friend has recently acquired a boyfriend. Nope, that does not make it nicer. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for her. He's a great guy and they are so cute! I'm a hopeless mess. Oh, poo. Okay, those last two lines were written by my friend Hich who is a weird but fun kid. He's a good guy, go read his blog. Anyway, as I was saying, before I was so rudely interrupted, I'm really happy for Liz & Joe (and Claire & Pete, and Laura-friend & Mike, and Katie & Sam, and Megan & Ed, and Ryan & Maria). I guess the thing is I see all my friends have that special someone who kind of makes this place home. Granted I really don't want a boyfriend. And it's not that they spend too much time with their boyfriends either, it's just me being in a funk.
Matthew 8/Luke 9 has been giving me quite a bit of comfort, though. "The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head."

The pagans have a few things to say about it, too. We're reading the Aeneid right now in English. It seemed like for Aeneas, the last straw was the storm and then he started whining. I guess my whining started after being rejected by my nuns. Not that I've really been doing it out loud (I would have hopefully been slapped by now), mostly just feeling sorry for myself in my head. I guess if Aeneas gets yelled at for whining after his city is destroyed, his wife killed, wandering all over, thinking he lost a bunch of his men in a storm, and not knowing where he is, I can deal.

Happier news, Laura-friend and I have started up another prank war. She salted my drink, I put pepper in her bed, she nailed my backpack to my dorm room wall, I chucked her keys from the second story of the library. Granted she got them back without any trouble, so now I have to think of something good to do to her. Something bigger than a backpack as a wall hanging. Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home