Sunday, January 08, 2006

Looking for a Window

Imagine it's daytime and you're in a room with heavy drapes or shutters over the windows, but the door is open, letting in the beautiful sunshine. You are walking towards the door to go outside into that warm sunshine, when a strong wind comes and slams the door shut in your face. Now not only need to redirect your path, but you don't know where to go because it's dark. So you fumble around the room trying to find a window or a lightswitch or something to give you direction.

That's how I feel. They say when God closes a door, He opens a window, and I believe that. I just have to find the stupid thing. Patience young grasshopper. I just have gotten so frusterated recently, because I don't know what goal I'm working toward. (Well, Heaven, obviously, but in this world I don't know where I'm going.) I guess it just feels like my life is meaningless right now.

Yesterday morning at Mass, Fr. Z. (God bless him), during the prayers of the faithful, added, "For all those who feel like their life is meaningless." Okay. I can do this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I tend to find that there's usually some little purpose for which we go through the things we go through. I'm still finding out why I had to suffer through stuff I suffered through loong ago.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home