Tuesday, January 17, 2006

String Of Stupidity

Lately I've been doing really dumb things. There was the driver's license incident at the airport. Then, remember that one book I had to buy? I messed that up and bought the wrong book. Not only that, but Liz was with me and she grabbed what I got. :P I thought one was supposed to be simpler. Occam's razor and all. Oh well. Then this morning, I got all excited because Mom had gotten me a few new shirts to take back to school with me. I found this really cool purple sweater. Claire gave me a funny look when I put it on and said, "Nice sweater." As if it really wasn't. I blew it off, because I knew it was cool. I realized I still had her purple eye shadow from Winter Formal. I put some on and said, "Oh, by the way, this is yours." "Yea I know." But she hadn't even looked up. She then went on to comment about the sweater. I told her that I'd been talking about the eye shadow and that Mom had just gotten the sweater for me. We ended up going back and forth for about 15 minutes trying to figure out who owned the sweater. We came to the conclusion that we both have the exact same sweater. Towards the middle of the day I realized that the sweater Mom had boughten was orange and I, indeed, was wearing Claire's sweater. That was fun to explain.

Other than me being stupid, things have been going well. Today was the first day of classes. I ran around the dorm this morning yelling, "FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! Wake up Dad, we're going to be late! Have you ever seen a shark? Sandy Plankton has. Do you know how old sea turtles are? Sandy Plankton says they can be a-a-hundred years old!" Apparently I even was able to sound like Nemo when I did that. :) So I started flapping one of my arms spasmodiclly. I think my enthusiasm for mornings will be gone by tomorrow. I'm happy classes have started, though. I'll get back into a scheduel. I'm really going to try to bring my grades up this semester. It's funny, I actually want to study. In my room, nontheless. Syd and I rearranged the room. Actually, Joe did. Syd and I just pushed stuff around after he moved the big stuff. I can't say that I've seen much funnier than Joe setting Syd's bed down on top of himself. That's quality right there. I now can study in my room. Although I'd told the guys I'd play poker with them. So I started studing, then felt really guilty, because I told them I'd be there. I'm pretty sure this is the first time in my life I felt guilty for studing and not playing poker. So I went down to Joe's and hung out for awhile. Didn't actually buy in, though. It was nice, Trish was there, so I wasn't the only girl. She was doing pretty well, too. (That is until she went all in against Ben. :P)

I definitely think classes are going to be my main fun. How sad is that? My mom would think that's great. It probably is. I might even be able to go to Rome sometime before I graduate if I get those stupid little buggers up. I guess I just don't really care about grades. I care about classes and I care about learning, but I don't usually get too worked up about what letter the school gives me. In high school that didn't matter, because they seemed to give me the first two letters of the alphabet without much trouble or care. (This is assuming math doesn't exist.) But it seems like colleges like to wade into the alphabet a bit more. The third and fourth letters seem to suit them better. Although last year there was one class I didn't care about. And now I am an old person in a freshman class. Oh fun for me. Actually, it is kind of fun for me, because I know what I'm doing, and I've got a great teacher this time around.

I'm going to go do homework now. Please, write that down on the calander.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home