Friday, January 06, 2006

Wisdom From Aunt May

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride. Even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams.

Carp.

I wasn't feeling well, so I decided to watch Spiderman 2. (I'm excited. I just got it!) I was in a bad mood. One of those I-don't-know-where-my-life-is-going-why-am-I-sick-the-nuns-don't-want-me-I-really-should-know-Latin-better-maybe-I-should-just-give-up-and-major-in-poli-sci moods. Dreams are a funny thing. Some people have that one dream all their life and that's what they work their whole life for. Some switch dreams over and over. I have to say I'm more the latter. When I was little, the dreams were a little more constant. First I wanted to be a vet. That stayed until high school when I hit a little thing I like to call advanced math. *jibbly* Then I decided to move to Austria and join the Spanish Riding School. Then I realized that I'm a girl and they don't let girls in. Okay, guess not. Once I hit junior/senior year, I began thinking about things like English and History. I really, really was going to double major in English and History. Now, just a few short years later, the idea of majoring in English makes me want to puke. I'd do Classics first. History is still awesome, but if I'm going to major in something unpractical, it's gonna be philosophy. PHILOSOPHY ROCKS!!!!! Sorry, just had to get that out of my system.



I'm really not that worried about what I'm going to major in anymore, although sometimes I think if I just majored in poli sci, life would be so much easier and it's pretty close. . . . No, what I'm wondering is what I'm going to do with this oh-so-lovely degree (assuming I graduate.) The obvious is grad school. I mean, what am I going to do with a BA in philo?! But what if prince charming does exist? Or I get better? Does that then mean that I do have a vocation? So confused.

Whatever tomorrow brings,
I'll be there with open arms and open eyes, Yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there..I'll be there.
Do do do do do do do do do do do

Thank you Incubus, I needed that smack in the face. Sometimes I forget that this is my time to chill. I never thought I'd say this, but I think I need to go to California.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home