Monday, May 29, 2006

Land of Milk and Honey

*Large sigh*

The violence continues in the Middle East. Ever since I went to Israel and Palestine, I feel a pang whenever I hear about another bombing or shooting. Also, I think it's rather, um, interesting, for lack of a better word, that the news is riddled with Israeli soldiers foil Palestinian bombing or Israeli soldiers kill gunman in Gaza. It's not nearly as common to hear about Israeli soldiers interrogating children on a school bus or breaking up a basketball game. The Israeli government does so much more than they get "credit" for. I'm not one for talking about things I don't know a whole lot about, but I think I can safely say that the Palestinians are being oppressed by Israel and they are getting very, very little help. Please pray for peace and justice for both the Palestinians and the Israelis.


The Berlin Wall. The wall in the West Bank.

3 Comments:

Blogger Propter Quid said...

Israelis break up basketball games, Palastinians blow them up. There's only two roads to peace: force and cooperation. So far, no one's been willing to cooperate so force will have to do.

3:32 PM  
Blogger White Phantom said...

Some Palastinians blow them up. From what I can gather (and correct me if I'm wrong) it is individuals or small terrorist cells that are doing the blowing up. On the other hand, it is the Israeli government that is doing things.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Katie Fitz said...

:( What a sad, sad situation. Kevin's going back with Fr. B. in a few weeks - I'm so very jealous! We need to make another pilgrimage sometime . . .

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home