Monday, May 22, 2006

Oh, Your Head Is Bleeding

Well, Sunday was a day of weirdness. Bob and I went to my cousin's graduation. She graduated from that school and I went there from first grade through half of sophomore year. But since we moved, I had only been back a few times and none since college. So I felt like eight graders were graduating! It was so nuts. But it was also good to be back. We went to my cousin's party, too. I ended up in charge of the punch, which worked out well, because then I had something to do other than stand around looking (and feeling) akward. W00t for not being akward. It was crazy, though, because about half the people there, I hadn't seen since I was six months old, and frankly, I didn't remember them. (Lay off, how many people do you remember meeting at six months?) Anyway, despite the meeting all kinds of new people, it was really cool to be around my family again. I love it when families get together. And recently that has included my own family. I was never very close to any of my extended family. But now that's starting to change and is really nice. We then went to another cousin's graduation in a different town. (I got a lot of sandwiches and cake between the two.) That was also fun. I got to see my baby cousin, who I haven't seen in a year. Babies change so much in one year!!

Also, the night before I'd gone to two graduation parties for two of my friends that I went to high school with. That was fun, except I wasn't feeling that well, so it was kind of like, "Hi. Congradulations. I'm going to go lay down in a corner now."

Test results are in. The stress test and echocardiogram show no problems with my heart. So we're back to neurological. I can't say that I'm very happy about that, but there's not really much I can do about it. What does this mean? This means that The White Phantom will never join the military. (Yes, despite it all, I've still been thinking about it.) And the possibility of going into a convent is about 0.5%, if not completely impossible, forever. *sigh* I guess I wasn't really listening vocation-wise. I always told God to hit me over the head with a 2 x 4 if I wasn't doing what He wanted and, well, I guess He did. The logical thing to do, is throw myself at marriage, but, somehow my heart isn't in it. I think I'm going to just chill with the single life for as long as I need to. I never, ever, liked the idea of being single all my life. Well, I guess I still don't. But I'm really okay with flying solo through college and maybe for a long time after.

2 Comments:

Blogger Propter Quid said...

Awww...

I'm sure there's a convent somewhere willing to accept someone with a sick mind, er, brain damage, er, chronic brain pain. You just haven't been shopping around.

Seriously though, I find if you just wait long enough, an answer will present itself.

God Bless.

12:27 PM  
Blogger White Phantom said...

Andrew!

Ah. I want to hug you and hit you at the same time. Grrrr. And thank you.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home