Saturday, May 27, 2006

Summer reading

I got the idea from John. I've got plenty of books I always think I'm going to read when I get time. Ha! When I get time. That'll be never. I wonder if I can catch up on my reading in Heaven. Well, by then I'll know all the books so it won't matter. Maybe my purgatory will be reading all the books I ever planned on reading. Granted I love reading, but somehow knowing that's what's keeping me from Heaven would take the fun out of it. Wow, bizarre, and people say reading Dante is good for you. I think not! Anyway, this is what I hope to accomplish this summer. (Or maybe, in my lifetime. . .) I don't have the cute little chart, because I don't feel like messing around with Paint right now. So y'all will just have to wonder.

Screwtape Letters, C.S. Lewis
Watership Down, Richard Adams
Joy Luck Club, Amy Tan
Once and Future King, T. H. White
Cyrano de Bergerac, Edmond Rostand
Heart of Darkness, Joseph Conrad
Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde
Counte of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas
Don Quixote,
House of Seven Gables, Nathaniel Hawthorne
Scarlet Pimpernel, B. Orczy
Piers Plowman, William Langland

1 Comments:

Blogger Ibid said...

I've read Screwtape Letters, Cyrano de Bergerac, Heart of Darkness, and Piers Plowman. But your list is shorter than mine.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home