Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Summer Vaction From CC: Take Two!

My summer vacation started with chicken cordian bleu pizza (honestly, the best food known to mankind.) I showed my mom the movie preview. She liked it. :D I'm really psyched. I then decided to take a nap. I asked my mom to hit me in a couple of hours. The next thing I knew, mom was yelling at me to get up in the you-need-to-get-up-right-now voice, not the you-asked-me-to-wake-you voice. I heard her yell, "We have to be at the doctor's in 15 minutes!" I knew I had a doctor's appointment at 10 am on Tuesday, but I was pretty sure it was around 6 pm on Monday. Then I heard, "You're going to be late for your EKG!!" Nope, I had grossly errored in my time estimation. Instead of 6 pm Monday, it was 9:45 am Tuesday. (Hey, I hadn't slept the night before! I was helping Claire roll clothes. I wouldn't have missed that for the world, though. Colin and Ryan were helping, too and it was hystarical!! And then straightening up the stupid give-away pile. That I would have been willing to miss, if I could have.) Anyway, so I go to get my EKG done, I swear, I was the youngest patient there for at least 50 years. I'm not kidding. The nurse just kind of looked at me, when they called my name. She told me I was too young to be there. Ha. I wish. After it was over, I told my mom that I was officially old. Really, I don't think I just turned 20, I'm pretty sure I just hit 70. I just happen to be in college and not look old and have only been on Earth for 20 years. Hmm, maybe I was on a different planet for the other 50 years. . . (I can just see Syd reading this and smiling, while thinking, "That explains so much. . . ")Anyway, I'm now working on getting registered for classes at NSU. Good news: If I get into all the classes I want, I'll be a junior come fall!! I'm thinking somebody I know is going to graduate with her class!! :) The only downside is that I probably won't have time for a job. (I'm going to be in class for a billion hours every day. Or maybe like 5 or 6. Ha! This should be interesting!) And of course, there's all the various heart tests that I'll be doing this summer. I already had an EKG and tomorrow is the cardiolite stress test. Basically, inject stuff into The WP's veins and then put her on a treadmill untill she passes out and then take pictures of her heart. W00t. Or something. I hadn't been home for 24 hours, and I've already been to the doctor's. I don't know if that bode's well for the rest of the summer. But I am glad to be home. I mean, I'm going to miss my CC people like no body's bussiness, but it's good to be home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Constancia said...

I am real excited that you are home... it was great watching a "sinful" movie with you last night and hearing weird/crazy boy stories!! I hope they don't kill you at your tests today... and i will throw this in here just for good measure: CALL ME!!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Peanut Butter Jelly Girl said...

hey BB! i'm glad that you're happy to be home, i was afraid you'd be missing me so much that life would be unbearable for you ;)

can you send me an email? and include the email addresses of as many 8 o'clock chaplet buddies as possible? i'm finding that have almost no one's emails. thanks.

miss you. hope you reach junior statis by fall, i'd hate to be living with an underclassman, i mean, it's not like i'm dating one.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home