Friday, June 30, 2006

Por Que?!?!?!

Bob and I have been getting ready for the 4th. Our first stop was to Closet-to-Closet to get a new shirt for Bob. Then to Kessler's for foods. We got fruit and carrots to take to my uncle's lake cabin and ham and cheese and turkey for sandwiches. (Even better than mutton. :P) It was fun, because everyone was shopping. Usually before a big holiday, there's all kinds of peopleob , but on holidays like Christmas or Thanksgiving, it's mostly a bunch of stressed out cranky women trying to figure out how to impress their mother-in-laws. Today, I think everyone was happy that it was Friday and that they weren't going to have to go back to work until Wednesday. So most people were walking around all, "Yay!" There's nothing like being packed in a grocery store with a lot of happy people. Bob was saying hi to people left and right. I even knew a few. Plus, there was massive amounts of foods, because the Kessler brothers are smart people who know that people buy lots of foods right before the 4th of July. It was a beautiful thing indeed. But this happy story soon takes a tragic turn. (Sorry, I'm watching the weather channel, it's dramatic, there are tsunamis.) I went to go pick up some Vanilla Coke. Much to my dismay, it wasn't there. I searched high and low. I found Coke, Cherry Coke, Coke with Lime, Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Diet Cherry Coke, Diety Coke with Lime. (I'm surpised they don't have a Diet Coke Zero! What's the difference anyway? Personally, I think Coke Zero tastes better than Diet Coke. But they both have no calories, no fat, no suagr.) And there was the offending Black Cherry Vanilla Coke (and it's diet counter part.) It sat their mocking me. It's vanilla goodness masked by the black cherry. WHYFOR?! After searching and searching, Bob finally said, "I don't think it's here." At that point, I looked at the celling and yelled, "POR QUE DIOS? POR QUE?!" The thousand people around me seemed amused. One lady even stopped to help, but it was to no avail. Our next stop was Office Max to return incorrect ink and get the right stuff. Then to Target for face wash and to see if they had Vanilla Coke. Guess what I found? THE SAME STUFF THAT THEY HAD AT KESSLER'S!!! I asked the sales lady and she said she hadn't seen Vanilla Coke for a really long time. A very dejected Phantom left that Target, believe you me. As we headed back home, Bob pulled into a gas station. There was no Vanilla Coke there either. But I did get a Krispy Kreme. That helped ease the pain some. After we got home, I checked the Coca-Cola web site and Vanilla Coke is still listed as a product in the US. I don't understand! I'm drinking one of the offending Black Cherry Vanilla Cokes. Bob wanted them. I feel like a traitor.

2 Comments:

Blogger Propter Quid said...

Ooh... Those cherries!

God Bless.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Ibid said...

Wow. i have an urge now to find out if they sell it down here. I don't know if I've seen any recently myself.

Hmmm

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home