Sunday, July 16, 2006

Windy Hill Radio

I am freaking out excited. My friend Basil has been kicking around the idea of a Catholic internet radio. Very soon after he started telling people about it, he had a new computer and $400 donated to the cause. Pretty soon he was all set up. Unfortunately, we don't have a bishop right now, so the diocese has asked him to wait until we get a bishop. The other night he e-mailed a priest from our diocese who works in the Vatican. That night Meche and I had thrown rocks at his window at 10 pm after he'd announced he was going to bed. He claimed that because he needed to be at work by 7:30 am, he had to go to bed at that strange hour. Then next morning I popped my head into his office bright eyed and bushy tailed at 11:30 am after having gone to bed at 3 or 4 am. I was going to boast, that even though I was able to get up later, I still had less sleep. (Which was my own darn fault and not really a sign of intelligence.) But as soon as I walked into his office, he greeted me with, "Guess who I got a call from this morning?" "Uh, who?" "The Vatican!" "Oh." All thoughts of who got how much sleep fled from my head. It turns out that the priest (monsignior) had called him back and informed him that Pope Benedict would be very excited and interested in hearing about this radio station. He proceeded to give Basil a mailing address for the Pope. I was shocked and awed. The web site is http://www.windyhillradio.org/. Anyway, so as soon as we have a bishop, the radio should be up and running. W00t.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ibid said...

That could be fun.

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home