Monday, November 20, 2006

Brides & Brothers/Beauties & Beasts

This was a great weekend. Thursday night (I know that's not part of the weekend, chill) was dress rehersal for 7 Brides for 7 Brothers. We finally got lights, so Tyler and I got to play with the shinny expensive toys. He he he. After we tripped a breaker. . . *grimace* It went really well. Thursday was also Joe's 22 birthday. Colin came down and we all had foods at Colin and Sarahs. (Beware, this post has two Colins and I'm not going to put a last initial just to be mean.) Bill and Beth and their kids are here for the winter, so they came, too. This was the first time I've met Beth and the kids, so that was cool.

Friday was opening night. The acting was splendid, it really was. Unfortunately we tripped another breaker (or so we thought) as the curtain went up for the first scene. I sat there staring at the dark stage, holding a no longer working light board for probably longer than I should have. It turns out that we fried some wires in the outlet. Oops. So I ran backstage and flipped the breaker for the stage lights for the rest of the play. Anyone who's ever flipped that breaker knows what I'm talking about. But it was fun. I like hanging out backstage. After the show, we all hit the student center for some Emperor's New Groove.

Saturday I went to work for a few hours, after sleeping many. I love working at the booksale so much. It's great. At 5 Colin picked Liz and I up to eat turkey pot pie at Colin and Sarah's. Such good foods. Then Liz and headed over to the school for our second performance. (It's so nice that Colin and Sarah live right there.) Shortly after I got there, Tyler informed me that the light problem was fixed and I was not needed that night. So I went back to the house and watched The Office on Colin's ipod. It was great. Colin, Sarah, Joe, and I were crowed around it, while Colin laughed at us. The funniest thing, was that it was plugged into the sound system, so it was a tiny, tiny screen with suround sound. :) After Liz was done with her scene, we liberated her and saw the new 007 movie. I haven't seen any of the other ones, but this was awesome! Oh man. We sat in the theatre for a half an hour and talked about it. (The theatre dude thought we were really funny.) Both Colin and I wanted to punch something or jump off of something or basically do something really awesome. We settled for driving back to the house really fast and cool like (that was Colin) and listening to Nickleback (that was both of us.) Once back we laughed at Ryan as he attempted to pump up an air matress. Joe and I ate a bunch of stuffing. The guys then engaged in one of their favorite past times, that is, watching girls play video games. Liz v. me. Joe relished the fact that his girlfriend was winning. Colin gave me annoying advice until I screamed, then he gave me more. Ahhh! Colin layed on the couch and said nothing useful at all until I finally sat on him. Then Colin took over the Mario Car and we all watched until it was time for bed. Liz and I shared a bed with Sarah. (That bed is HUGE.) Ryan was in the dinning room with his air matress/workout machine, Colin on the counch in his mummy sack, and I'm not sure what happened to Joe and Colin.

Sunday I was woken up by Sarah, Colin, Liz, and Joe jumping on me. I think that's the coolest waking up I've ever had. We went to the noon thirty Mass (also just down the road, I LOVE it!) Colin pointed out that it was really kind of like a parade. We took three cars everwhere we went. It was pretty funny. Because of that, the six of us ended up scattered in pairs all over the church. *shrug* We then paraded back to the house for pop tarts and donut sticks (not advised) and another episode of The Office on Colin's ipod. Liz and I then ran, with 15 minutes to curtian, to the school for the Sunday matinee. Tyler told me that we'd tripped yet another breaker, and, though the lights were working at that momment, they may not the next. So I hung out backstage waiting to be useful. I wasn't. We only had a couple of hours between showings, so Liz and I ran back to the house for about a half hour and hung out with Colin, Sarah, and Colin. We then ran back and got pizza. Chris had Disney songs on his ipod and plugged them into the sound system and a good chunk of the cast (and crew!) sang and danced about on stage (much to the amusement of Tony's family.) And then the final performance. Some interesting things got added, but nothing too crazy. The lights were still working, so I sat in the audience with Tyler and yelled at him when he did something wrong. Colin came by to say good bye, but he didn't stay for the show. We had two suprises, though. Peach and Cyrus both showed up. Peach had to leave this morning, but Cyrus is here until break. (So, like tomorrow.) Clean up was actually a pretty good time. Having finally perfected the art of following Tyler around, I knew just when to ask if he needed my help and when to just poke him repeatedly. (I'm such a mean person.) Tyler, Liz, and I ended up being the last people to leave the school. We had both lights and sound to put away, because we got abandonded. Hrmph. Anyway, we didn't miss too much of Beauty & the Beast. We've decided that needs to be done for the next musical. We have everyone pretty much cast. I get to be Mrs. Pots. That makes me much happy. (Granted if it actually happens, I'll probablly be a chorus girl or something.)

A good weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ibid said...

Sounds like it was good. I am really excited to get back to school now.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Ibid said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home