Saturday, December 09, 2006

New Leaf?

This semester has been a semester of change. Well, it seems like every semester at Christendom has big changes in it. Although this semester it seems as though I've gone back more to my old self. Not that I've regressed or anything. I'm so much more mature than I was when I came to Christendom or even last semester. (More mature, I'm not sure I've actually hit the mature level. :P) But I've kind of gone back to my old additude, the good parts at least, I think, It's really hard to explain. It's not that I was ever really a different person, but plently things did change. I think I got disalusioned by the East Coast, as strange as that sounds. I've always been proud of where I'm from, but I think I got sucked into the mentality of the city slicker. *jibbly, jibbly, jibbly* Also the mentality of the intellectual. Intellectuals are great, but I am not one to spend my life drinking coffee and discussing something that one one else in the world cares about. I am all about thinking and pondering, but I'd rather do it while gardening or riding horses or washing dishes or something. Just straight up thinking for really long periods of time is not my friend.

Also, liturgically, I've fallen head over heels in love with the Tridentine Mass. I liked it before and much prefered it to a poorly done Novus Ordo. But now I like it better than the Novus Ordo period. I even like it better than the wonderful Latin Novus Ordo at Christendom. I've kind of shied away from attending regularly before, because that Mass tends to attract Trads who are Trads in a bad way and not a good way. I kind of look at them, scratch my head, and say, "Ya'll are nuts, not to mention schismatics." But one can be a good Trad, that's what I'm going for. I think I need to read up on my Church history/popes/Church counciles, though first.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ibid said...

Its fine to like the Trid more than the New Mass. Just as long as you don't fall into one of the following things to make me, as I say, worried, about you:

a) do not refuse to go, under almost any circumstances, to a Novus Ordo Mass. It is still valid.

b) do not suddenly feel that the New Mass, with all its faults and lackings and changes, is an invalid Mass simply because it is a Novus Ordo. This letter is linked to a)

c) Please, I beg you, do not slip into one of the groups that holds the invalidity of Vatican II, nor the invalidity of any of our more recent popes, or anything like that.

d) do not join the SSPX, SSPV, or any other group that formed to respond to the New Mass by going against the Pope. Not like he knows anything.

I know that's all harsh, but I've been dealing with too many people this past semester who would not go to a Novus Ordo Mass (even on All Souls Day in the Catecombs, or in Assisi, I think) without first checking to make sure it was the last resort. But I have confidence in you Jenne; you will be fine.

6:35 PM  
Blogger White Phantom said...

Oh good grief no! The Novus Ordo is MUCH valid. I go to Novus Ordo Masses 5 days a week. Vatican II is also much valid. And the SS people scare me. Don't worry, I'm not going nuts.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Lost Noldo said...

Yay for liturgical preferences!:) Hey, there are some good Trads (hopes that humble self is somehow amongst this number), they're just nowhere near as vocal as some others. But while nuts is a term that can be thrown around with impunity, be careful with 'schismatics'. I mean, unless the person has openly declared that they don't believe the Pope is actually the Pope and that sort of thing.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Lost Noldo said...

Oh- another thing. Quick guide to Trad abbreviations ;)
SSPX/SSPV= Misguided at best.
FSSP= Very, very good. ;)
So simply 'SS' confuses me.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home