Monday, December 18, 2006

Sound of Music

It's 1:20 am and I'm not sleeping, that means I'm thinking, which means you may want to stop reading right now. Okay, keep on if you want. I've been musing about how songs can make you think about a person or place or time. Even if there's no real reason why it should remind you, it just does. And so, here it goes:

Back to California -- Claire, then Ryan
Dancing Queen -- Carducci
Riding With Private Malone -- Peter
Goodnight My Angel -- Geoff, then Carducci
Breakfast at Tiffany's -- Ryan
Chasing Cars -- Matt M
Underground -- Liz B
Far Away -- Colin O
Elephant Love Medley -- Colin O
Let's Do It (Let's Fall in Love) -- Katie F
Rock Me Amedeas -- Hich
Dirty Little Secret -- Megan, then Colin O
Rockstar -- Colin M
Slide -- Greg M
Next Contestant -- Matt R
She Will Be Loved -- Dominick, then Laura-friend
Accidentally in Love -- Carducci and Joe
I Want You (Cherry Cola) -- Colin O
Fast as I Can -- Matt R
The Luckiest -- Mike P
These Words -- Claire
Let's Get it Started -- Megan, then softball in general
Friday Night -- Eric
Hotel California -- Matt R
Desperatly Wanting -- Liz B
Dance, Dance -- Robyn
Where'd You Go? -- Dani
Unwritten -- dancing on the beach with Carducci, Claire, and Megan
Heaven is a Place on Earth -- who could I possibly think of but Brian?
Sweet Home Alabama -- Andrienne
Here Comes the Sun -- RHS choir
Song of the South -- my dad
Personal Penguin -- the Colins
Partical Man -- Liz B
Birdhouse in Your Soul -- Liz B, then Hich
Is She Really Going Out With Him? -- Megan, then Hich
Pour Some Sugar On Me -- Hich
Flavor of the Week -- Dominick and Claire
Uptown Girls -- Geoff
Bonnie Taylor Shakedown -- Monica P, then the going to Little Washington car rides
The Way You Look Tonight -- Bracy
Be Our Guest -- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers Cast, mostly Tim bouncing
Lips of An Angel -- Andrea C
If I Had $1,000,000 -- Peachy date
Going the Distance -- Colin O
Fly Me To The Moon -- Miss E and Dani
Bring Me Back To Life -- Kali
Whiskey Lullabye -- Larau-friend
Adam's Song -- Claire
Pretty Pink Ribbon -- Sydney
(I've Had) The Time of My Life -- Liz B
Walking in Memphis -- Eric
Brick -- Joe P and Colin O
Hanging By A Moment -- Sean
Upside Down -- Sydney
Piano Man -- Carducci
Bad Day -- Coffee hoping
You're Beautiful -- Colin O 'jumping off cliffs' on flat ground
I Write Sins Not Tragedies -- Little Mon
Jericho -- Sydney
De-Lovely -- Donna
I'm Already There -- Kali
Cows With Guns -- Chris, then Sara L
Don't Stop Believing -- Hich
Sheep Go to Heaven -- midterms
99 Red Balloons -- Greg M
Time to Say Goodbye -- Uncle Eric
Make A Little Noise -- Maggie
Whenever, Whereever -- Carducci
Psalm 117 -- Anthony
Italian Leather Sofa -- Liz B and Matt M
I've Become Numb -- Dr. Andres
Tokyo Girl -- Little Mon
Sing for the Moment -- Matt R, then Liz B
Take On Me -- Hich
Short Skirt, and a Long Jacket -- Faz date

There's more, but I think that's good enough.

5 Comments:

Blogger Propter Quid said...

Hm. I must be the only person not on this list. I think that's a good thing.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Ibid said...

Now that is a touching list.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Fidelio said...

I ain't on there, either, Drew-boy.

But you make me think of the theme from Pinky and the Brain.

Jusr like Sean makes me think of Dragoste din Tei.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Learning to be Alone said...

16-year-olds shouldn't date because they shouldn't. My sister is dating, and she shouldn't be. They're too immature . . . dating is a big responsibility, and when it stops being a joyride they just get depressed.

And hey, I'm not on the list either, Andrew. ;)

I don't know what songs you all make me think of, though that is a good thought. Neat list there, Miss Jenne.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Scarcely Human said...

Yes! I'm the greatest! I win song-list!!!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home